As NaBloPoMo continues and my blog reading/following extends, I’ve found myself tagged by Christine at Expat Mum In Portugal (one of the first to welcome me to the blogosphere – thank you!), to answer 10 questions about me.
- Describe yourself in 7 words? Mummy, wife, musician, self-deprecating, cynical, determined, fragile
- What keeps you awake at night? Pain/discomfort if my body is objecting to the change from upright to horizontal, not being warm enough, brain in overload and the Cheetah Keeper having nosebleeds (and lying awake waiting for it to happen again). If none of these are happening, absolutely nothing, I’ve slept through fire alarms in the past.
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why? My initial thought on this is that I’d love to be a time traveller so I could go and see all my lovely friends who live across the world (and the UK for that matter), spend all the time we need together and still be home for tea.
- What are you wearing right now? Furry fit-flop Ugg style boots, warm socks, jeans, jumper, woolly cardi – and thinking I’m not quite warm enough.
- What scares you? The health of my family – every single nosebleed, illness and hospital appointment terrifies me.
- What is the best and worst about blogging? Oh wow! What a community blogging has – it restores your faith in humankind; it’s wonderful to have an outlet, people to talk to and share the roller-coaster ride that is life with. 2nd best has to be the way that people write so openly about mental health issues – may it continue for ever and ever with such awesome honesty and integrity. Worst – it seems to be rather addictive…
- What was the last website you looked at? Google – to make sure self-deprecating meant what I thought it did
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? The dodgy genes that make my connective tissue so unpredictable and cause the majority of our health problems. If that’s a bit too optimistic, I’d improve my relationship with food.
- Slankets – Yes or No (this divides the blogging world No. My overheating laptop keeps me warm
- Tell us something about the person who tagged you? Christine is a mummy of 2 living in Portugal in what looks like the most gorgeous place in the Algarve. Although she says she’d love to do photography courses, I think she takes the most amazingly beautiful and perceptive photos.
Answer 10 questions, tag someone to do the same. Then come back to the original post by Super Amazing Mum and leave a comment.
I’m going to tag 2 people (oooh, controversial) – firstly Aisha on expatlogue because I’ve been tagged by an expat writer so will pass the baton over the pond to Canada. Secondly, Rhiannon at A Hell of A Woman – she’s a very new blogger and her first two posts are fantastic so I’m passing the blog love over to her too.