Having been absolutely delighted for the lovely Aisha who writes so beautifully in http://expatlogue.wordpress.com/ when I saw she had been awarded the Versatile Blogger award, I was even more flabbergasted when I found her comment this afternoon:
Hey Jenny, to convey my amazement and appreciation of your astounding versatility in doing all you do and still managing to write this blog, I am awarding you with the esteemed Versatile Blogger award.
Congratulations, and here is the link to my blog-post about the award if you are interested…
I’m honoured. I’ve been blogging for less than 2 months – I’m not sure I’ve got it quite right and I’m still really chuffed if I get more than 10 hits in a day. Aisha is a fabulous blogging mentor – I admire her for upping sticks and travelling across the globe with 3 small children when I’m pretty chuffed when we’ve made 200 miles to Wales.
In the spirit of the award, I’m supposed to pass it on to other versatile bloggers – I’m going to take my time on this one but would like to mention that I’m thoroughly enjoying reading My Blog by Wendy K and The Perfect Bad Mummy who just makes me laugh.
I’m also supposed to share 7 facts about me that you won’t know already… hmmm, well without wishing to be either too boring, gruesome or otherwise, here goes…
- I am missing both kneecaps – not missing as in lost, but left in the careful hands of a surgeon (although I do have one in a jar… it looks a bit like a chicken nugget)
- I have a degree in music and spent my happiest musical times playing cornet in the Hertfordshire Youth Brass Band, travelling to Switzerland with them and playing a few good ‘gigs’ – for the Queen, at the Royal Albert Hall and the Barbican being highlights.
- I’m fascinated by the study of ethics and how we can apply them in our business lives and as parents. Having been fortunate enough to attend a course module run by Prof. Roger Steare I’m continuing my research in the hope I can have the courage to make good decisions and instil in my children the importance of hope, love and integrity.
- I’m really allergic to cats and citrus fruit
- I’m a serial volunteer but am practising very hard at using the ‘no’ word more often.
- I do battle with my demons and my weight far more often than I would like to. I’m in awe of all the people I’ve found on the BritMums website who write so beautifully about mental health issues – long may it continue
- I’ve completely over-ordered on our grocery shop that’s been delivered tonight and I haven’t got enough shelf space for all of it! Better start making the Christmas cakes then…
So on behalf of the Cheetahs and their keeper (without whom there wouldn’t be a blog), the Dinos, the Banana People and me, Thank You and goodnight – I’ll be signing autographs by the stage door…